vívofit learns your activity level and assigns a personalised daily goal so it works for you, no matter how active you currently are. It displays steps, calories, distance and monitors your sleep to give an overall picture. It can also pairs with a heart rate monitor (not included but is available to purchase separately) for use when you’re taking part in fitness activities. Then you can save, plan and share your progress at Garmin’s free website, Garmin Connect for further motivation.
- Stylish, lightweight, comfortable and waterproof with 1 year plus battery life
- Easy-to-read display shows steps taken, goal countdown and calories burned and includes heart rate monitor to record your heart rate data during fitness activities
- Learns your activity level, assigns a personalised daily goal and monitors your progress. Reminds you to move – the longer you’re inactive, the more red bars appear
- Tells the time and monitors the quality of your sleep
- Wirelessly sync Vivofit with Garmin Connect, a free on-line fitness community, to see a complete picture of your progress on your mobile or computer and track activity between training sessions
Product Instruction Manual
Style Name: Vivofit with Heart Rate Monitor | Colour Name: Black
When purchasing the watch, you should download the Garmin software for your computer, or the app for your smartphone.
The software and app will enable you to sync with the Vivofit watch.
There is a sleep mode which will show you how much you have moved around during the night, this has proved to be accurate during testing.
There is an inactivity bar which lights up after and hour of you being inactive, the watch adds a small bar for each inactive 15 minutes for up to two hours. This helps to encourage you to become active to remove these bars and requires a reasonable amount of activity for them to decrease.
The watch is comfortable to wear and is waterproof.
The LCD screen shows your stats without having to open the app which you do not get with other devices so this is a nice touch.
- Vivofit can be linked to a HRM so you can view your heart rate as you run – Vivofit works with any ANT+ straps
- Vivofit links to Garmin Connect
- Charge is via watch batteries and should last a year, rather than via USB every few days/per week
- Waterproof to 50 meters, so good for swimmers
- Display is on permanently and you can toggle through steps (daily total), goal (steps remaining), distance covered (in miles or kilometers), calories burned, time, date and heart rate (when connected via HRM strap) and you can remove any of these via the website.
- Goal for daily steps is automatically set based on your performance to date
- Bracelet clasp feels secure and is similar to the fitbit flex
- The watch has a sleep function
- The red inactivity bar highlights when you have been inactive for an hour or so. This has prompted me to be more active.
- No altimeter, so doesn’t give you a stair count
- Display is always on, but doesn’t have a back light so can’t be read it in the dark
- Have to press button to initiate sync instead of it happening in background
“Fills A Gap In My Training Regime”
“Good fitness monitor with ability to link to HRM and Garmin Connect”
“Love it. counts my steps, calories and is still a watch”
“Great for overall fitness”
“Great for Garmin users and non walking workouts”