- Time of day
- Fat burning or fitness improvement: The EnergyPointer feature lets you easily see if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning, helping you focus on your workout goals
- POLAR OwnCal shows calories burnt during and after the training session. See also the estimated amount of fat (%) burnt as an energy source
- POLAR OwnCode prevents cross-talk from other heart rate monitors
- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate (% / beats per minute)
- Average and maximum heart rate of total exercise
- Memory features: daily, weekly and total summaries
- User changeable battery
- POLAR FlowLink, Easy to use data transfer between the wrist unit and polarpersonaltrainer.com. It is plugged to the PC with a USB connection.
- Guarantee swift switch between different sports
- Endurance training programmes from polarpersonaltrainer.com (online training diary, analyse your training in detail, customise endurance programmes, transfer them to your training computer, Training Load feature to see how well you have recovered and whether you are ready for your next training session)
- Gives heart rate even in water
- Race Pace helps you control your speed to reach your target time
Product Instruction Manual
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 13 x 13 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 177 g
- Item model number: FT7
What’s in the box?
- Polar FT7 heart rate monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Sensor Set
- Quick guide
Polar is widely recognised as the leading product and the most respected brand for heart rate monitoring equipment and services in the sports industry. Polar is proud to have exclusive Partnerships with a number of high profile Sports Associations.
The FT7 is very modern and the design is very good, the strap has very close eye holes which makes it easy to get a good fit on your wrist. You start by inputting your personal details just once then press go. You strap on the chest belt and you can see your heart rate percentage, this displays in a range to show if you are working in a zone to burn calories or improving your fitness. The was has an alarm which you can set to your desired level to tell you when to slow down. After each session you can check the data to analyse your workout. By purchasing a flowlink, you can download the data to the Polar software to compare with the past results.
Polar’s website enables you to record all the details of your training sessions, you have the ability to create your own training programmes and set particular targets.
The Good Points
- Clear time indication
- Easy one time setup eg, weight, and date of birth.
- One touch Start button to start recording your exercise.
- One touch Finish button to stop recording your exercise.
- Easy to use.
- Records 99 exercise sessions and shows them in an easy to navigate graphical view.
- Shows calories burned over the last week.
- Shows pulse or % of maximum while exercising.
- Backlight button.
- Easily replaceable battery on watch and transmitter.
The Bad Points
- No timer function to measure the duration of exercise.
- Can be difficult to see the display in some lights.
“Great hrm with comfortable chest strap”
“I use it in combination with ‘Map my Ride’ and a Cateye bicycle computer”
“Stylish, Waterproof and simple to use”
“Perfect for keeping your workout within cardio and fat burning zone”
“Staying in shape was never easier”